Sofia was an orphan with Down syndrome in Eastern Europe and now has a forever family.
Join us on our adoption journey and thank you for helping us bring her home!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Grandma Esther

Grandma Esther is Sofia's guardian angel. She has been a part of this from the very beginning...from the moment I saw Sofia's picture at Reece's Rainbow...and every step of the way after.

Here is a picture of Grandma Esther with my mother Andrea. My mom Andrea was Grandma's first daughter. I am my mom's first daughter. Sofia is my first daughter. A very special bond between us all.


Thank you Grandma Esther for watching over all of us and guiding us and protecting us through this process. We think of you often and we miss you. We know you are always with us though and so we do not walk alone on this journey.

Thank you Grandma for helping us keep the faith and not letting fear paralyze us and for the angels who watch over Sofia and all the other orphans.

I read the story of Esther in the Bible and was shocked and surprised to learn that Esther was a orphan. A coincidence? I don't think so...AMAZING!

5 comments:

  1. It's neat to see the "thread" of Esther throughout your adoption story--not just Grandma Esther but now even the Esther of the bible. Will this be Sofia's middle name? You might have already posted about this but I forget. :(

    Court in a few more days--hang in there!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen & Hector
    I continue to pray and hope that adopting Sophia is God's will for you and the family. I also am amazed regarding the strength the 2 of you have during this journey. I look forward to meeting her the end of May or July when I am seeing my great neices! You both are special people.
    Sally H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes sofia esther would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post...tears once again...LOVE Sofia Esther...Not a coincindence at all...You have such an amazing FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post. And Grandma Esther had a sweet face. I don't believe in coincidences... God is leading you every step of the way... even to the passage about Esther. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the WORLD to us! Please feel free to share your thoughts!